2018 - 2020 catch up
Haven't done one of these in a very long time! I keep adding games to the games section as I make them, but blog articles take a lot more time to write. I rewrote the blog back-end once again, this time it is Haxe compiled to Node.js. Bye bye PHP! I also updated the about section, since that was becoming a bit dated.
Since the last post, I participated in a couple of gamejams (not counting the 1HGJ entries):
- fil - time-attack platformer made for Alakajam! 4
- Temple-based Sacrifice - multiplayer turn-based strategy made for Ludum Dare 43
- You are the Grimoire! - series of mini-game challenges made for Alakajam! 5
- Arcade Wars - arcade shmup made for Ludum Dare 44
- Silicon vs Neuron - "hacking" point 'n click adventure made for Alakajam! 6
- Wrapunzel - freestyle braiding game made for Alakajam! 7
- Wallpunch - a platformer where you punch walls for Ludum Dare 45
- The Fall of Atlantis - a "strategy" game mostly testing some 3D stuff for Alakajam! 8
- JarHeads - a rhythmic bullet hell for Ludum Dare 46
I also had a 6 month internship at Haxe Foundation, which was very enjoyable and spawned some interesting projects. I talked about this a little bit at HaxeUp 2019.
Currently I am working on my MEng thesis based around creating a new, faster garbage collector for HashLink. The deadline is around June 2020. After that, I will be starting a PhD in Switzerland. I am very much looking forward to that. In the meanwhile, I will continue with hobby projects and gamejams, of course!