Ludum Dare 42: Runnink out of Space
It is the year 20XX.
Space (the black stuff in the sky) is limited! We need to get more ink to make more Space. Unfortunately, the only way to gather enough ink is to milk a Giant Deep-Space Cuttlefiship.
GDSC's envelop themselves in a protective puzzling labyrinth - a human would go mad in such a labyrinth. Instead, we are sending you, a PLYR robot with a unique ability – to forget very easily. Your memory is very limited. Not because we built you cheaply or anything.
The gameplay consists of exploring rooms, answering riddles, and transforming words, while managing a growing inventory of known world and words. Interact with the world by clicking on the game screen – an exclamation mark near the cursor indicates a possible interaction. During dialogues, you will encounter three special kinds of bubbles:
- "Take word" (green bubble) – your goal is to guess what the answer to the riddle given in the preceding text is. Use the keyboard to answer. If you answer correctly, you will be able to take the word into your memory.
- "Give word" (yellow bubble) – once again, your goal is to guess what the answer is, but this time you need to have the word in your inventory and drag and drop it over the bubble to answer.
- "Modify word" (blue bubble) – the flavour text indicates what kind of word modification you can do here. Drag and drop words from your inventory onto the bubble to transform them.
- mouse to interact and move
- double-click to warp when moving
- keyboard to type when needed
- Q to start